Thursday, March 2, 2017

March 2nd - Bday for a Special Someone

As I woke up this morning I reflected back on the last 5 years of my son Cole.  He is my youngest and most curious boy.  He always keeps me on my toes.




I recall 5 years ago getting up and going to school, dropping Ben off at day care and thinking it would be a normal day.  Then I get a phone call from my wife saying I'm in Labor.  It was in the middle of class and the student I was helping at the time didn't know what to do.  I told the student to go to the office and tell them I'm leaving my wife is having a baby.  I was teaching at Lamar High School at the time, while my wife was teaching at Webb.

I rushed to my truck and starting driving to Joplin.  Karen was on her way from Webb to the Hospital.  I was thinking she is probably going to have this baby before I even get there.  I was wrong, we both arrived at the hospital and waited in the waiting room.  Can you believe that.  We actually had to wait.  The thing was that 9 months before was the Joplin tornado and there where a lot of pregnant women.  Soon we were shown to a room and the process started.

Hours later, seemed like a life time, we welcomed sweet little Cole to our family.  Now today he turns 5 and life has truly been a blessing.  It is fitting that he shares his birthday with Dr. Seuss.

On a side note, I wrote yesterday that we went to find what the baby in July will be.  Add the verdict is...
Everything is going well and the baby is healthy.  We are excited to be a family of 5.




4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Cole, and yay for another boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congrats on your exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The correlation between the tornado and a lot of pregnant women made me chuckle. Happy birthday to Cole, and congratulations on another boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is exciting and under no circumstances should pregenant women be made to wait. They have waited long enough. Congratulations and happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete