Friday, March 17, 2017

March 17th - Memories

Today I think back 16 years to this date and one of the most memorable moments in my High School career.  On this day I competed in the Class 1 State Basketball Championship game.  I remember walking out on the basketball court in Columbia, Mo and preparing to play the last basketball game of my life.

Now the results of this basketball game was not what anyone wanted, but we did make history.  The Liberal Bulldogs lost to the New Haven Shamrocks on St. Patrick's day by 45 points the worst lost in state basketball history.  I still say that they had some luck with them.

I have had many experiences, since this moment.  One experience was being an assistant coach in a State Championship game with Webb City, but the same outcome happened a very bad loss.  I guess I'm just not that lucky when coaching or playing in Columbia, Mo.


No comments:

Post a Comment