Saturday, March 11, 2017

March 11th - Farm Work Family Time

I have mentioned to many that I live on a farm and work with my dad and brother on the farm on the weekends and summers.  Today was one of those days.  Called my dad this morning to find out if there was anything that needed done and sure enough there was a load of hay to be delivered after noon.

This is a usual event on Saturdays for me.  Loading a load of hay and delivering it.  It is a good work out and sometimes I can get my sons to come an help.  Ben went with me today and he helps as best he can.  This is quite fun watching Ben trying to drag or move small square bales that way pretty much the same amount he does.  He has got stronger as time has gone along, but he still struggles sometimes.

This is not the normal family event for most but it is for my family.  I see my dad smiling every time Ben comes along with us.  Dad really enjoys seeing Ben trying to help.  These simple events become memories for all.

2 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying reading everyone's blogs. It is interesting to learn more about each other. We live on a farm as well. My husband raises registered Angus cattle. I don't do a whole lot to help him, but I do help move cattle or help work cattle by getting the tattoos ready and writing down weights and fetching this or that for him. I love living on the farm. It is peaceful and beautiful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "These simple events become memories for all." Ben is lucky he gets to grow up enjoying some of the simpler things in life. Growing up I loved spending time "helping" on the farm with my Papa and dad. They are some of my most precious memories.

    ReplyDelete