Saturday, March 18, 2017

March 18th - Driving

Today I spent about 4 hours driving with my family to and from a location.  Driving has always been one of my favorite things to do.  Karen claims that I am her personal driver.  I drive almost all the time when I'm riding in a car.

This all stems from how young I was when I started driving.  Growing up on a farm, I was driving the riding lawn mower when I was about 7 or 8 years old I think.  By the time I was 10 I was driving tractors and soon I would be driving vehicles.  I think the first time I drove a truck on the highway, I was around 13 years old.  3 years from getting my license I was driving a vehicle from field to field as needed.  No, the normal situation for most but the life of a kid on a farm is always a little different.

Driving long distances or for long periods of time doesn't really bother me.  I enjoy looking at the scenery and listening to the radio.  Long trips I would almost prefer to drive.  So family vacations become a great event.  Last year we traveled to Colorado and I drove to and from pretty much on my own.  We even eat lunch at one point and time in the car so that we didn't have to stop.  It was was raining also so stopping wasn't an option when we had planed to picnic for that meal.

I wonder how many miles I have logged in my life.  Way to many for sure.  I wonder where I will go next.  


No comments:

Post a Comment