Sunday, March 12, 2017

March 12th - Instructions

Do you ever try to put something together with out reading the instructions?

I'm known for always reading the instructions and then putting together the item.  Today I was installing a new light fixture and I read the instructions and then tried to install the fixture and I had some problems.

So one hour later I get it installed well at least it is up not correctly but it is up.  I found my problem and need to fix it but can't due to some screws that are stripped and will not turn, and one bolt that fell into the wall that is not able to be retrieved.

Needless to say this was a so, so fail, but I will probably try to fix what I messed up later.  So a quick 30 min job will now probably take 2 days to get done correctly and probably a trip to the hardware store.

Not sure if I'm as handy as I thought I once was.  

1 comment:

  1. Home repair and installations are the worst!! We actually installed a new shower head this weekend...and it actually works! Your post reminded me of some instances where it didn't work so well!!

    ReplyDelete