Tuesday, March 14, 2017

March 14th - Pi Day

Pi Day, a day that most people just let go by on the way to St. Patrick's Day.  But as a former math teacher this was a great day in my classroom.  I would usually have some activity involving circles and finding circumference and area with exact measurements using Pi.

My most memorable pi day was my 2nd year of teaching.  I was teaching a Calculus class and I only had 9 students.  They begged to do something special so I told them they could all bring pie to class and we would enjoy the pie together while we worked some problems.

The pies that they brought in where amazing.  One student brought in this homemade peanut butter pie that was "amazing".  Not sure if the students realized that I enjoyed the day just as much as the students.

Needless to say, I miss having special days in the classroom.    

No comments:

Post a Comment