Thursday, March 8, 2018

March 8 - Music

Many people find it hard to believe that I play the drum set at church.  This event has become a love of mine.  I am blessed to get to serve at least 2 times a month to play a set at church with our worship band.  We practice on Thursday nights and then again on Sunday morning before church.  It has become a bit of a time commitment but has become a highlight of my week.

This week I am on to play and we are doing some fun songs.

End of Days - Hillsong Young and Free

King of Heaven - Paul Baloche 

Your Love Defends Me - Matt Mahr

Great Are you Lord - All Sons & Daughters

As you can tell this set can be demanding on a drummer, but it is a lot of fun.  I do not have a drum set to practice on at home and my family is probably grateful for that, but I do listen to the songs over and over again to make sure I'm good with what I can do on the drums.



2 comments:

  1. Maybe when your kids are in band they'll play drums and you'll have a drum set at home!! What a great way to utilize the talents God has given you! Thank you for listing the songs. I'm now going to play them as I read through blogs! Also, All Sons & Daughters is one of my favorite go-to's for worship music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drumroll . . . for Nathan Dingman! Cymbal hit.

    ReplyDelete