Wednesday, March 14, 2018

March 14 - Golden Rule

“do unto others as you would have them do unto you” (Matt. 7:12)
Most of us try to live by this saying.  I have to say that the more I think about myself that this would be one of my core values.  This week at church Brian our preacher focused on how it is not what the church can do for you but what you can do for the church.  It's not about "I" but "we".  I really like that thinking.

If we put ourselves in the shoes of others we will discover that we need to treat each other better.  Holding doors open for each other, letting someone in a hurry in front of you, and simply listening to a story and actually listen to listen not listen to respond.

I catch myself in conversations trying to think of what I want to say next, not truly taking in the details that someone else is trying to say to me.  My wife would probably agree with all of this, sometimes I actually have to ask her to repeat herself as I did not hear what she said. 

If we do unto others as we would like done to ourselves we would be in a much better place.     

1 comment: