Wednesday, March 15, 2017

March 15th - Enemies

Tonight during our Lifeteam (small group) for church we talked about when Judas betrayed Jesus with a kiss.  This act puts into action the end of Jesus' life on earth is such a teachable moment.  Usually you focus on the rest of the story, but we focused on a different part tonight.

When this event happened, Jesus greeted Judas with the phrase "my friend".  This might be overlooked by most, but this is one of Jesus' last teaching in a sense.  Jesus knows Judas is betraying him and he still refers to him as a friend.  How many of us could do this?  Still call someone a friend when we know ultimately will die because of a kiss and a betrayal.

I hope that in my life I'm never faced with this exact situation, but I do know I will be faced with enemies in my life.  During these times I will strive to remember Jesus in his time of betrayal, and how he continued to love his enemy.



 

1 comment: